We have created REACH OUT, a unique project to support students in receipt of Pupil Premium funding to achieve their potential.
The project aims to:
- Develop creative-thinking, problem solving and confidence.
- Increase participants’ wellbeing and to teach skills to manage their own wellbeing.
- Increase participants’ self-worth and ambition.
- Promote an enjoyment of education and challenge negative perceptions of school.
- Increase interest in literacy and, where possible, numeracy.
- Promote life-long learning.
- Highlight potential career paths and make them feel accessible.
REACH OUT Junior is a pupil premium project for Years 5 and 6.
REACH OUT Senior is pupil premium project for Years 7 and 8.
How does the project work?
The project consists of 5 mini projects, which have Arts Award Certification embedded throughout (Explore or Bronze depending on year groups). The project uses the arts to inspire learning, teach new skills and then apply this new knowledge. Where possible, we have involved other arts and education professionals as well as other young people already engaging in the arts or further education.
The participants from the project’s first year said:
‘At the beginning of the project I felt nervous and worried and now I feel confident in myself. I have learned that I don’t have to hide myself and be worried.’
‘I was very shy but I learned how to cooperate effectively’
‘At the beginning of the project I felt nervous but excited. I have learnt I need to trust people more. You need to trust people.’
‘The project was amazing, exciting and fun. Do it because it was one of the best things I have ever done.’’
For more information please contact our Education Officer and Youth Theatre Leader Josh Whatsize on email@example.com