We're delighted to have just launched one of our most popular public projects, My Perspective.
The project challenges adults to take 1 photo a day over a 28 day period.
You don't need to have any formal photography experience and you don't need to own a fancy camera, simply bring whatever you have (phone cameras included) to our Introduction to Photography workshop before embarking on the challenge. You'll be supported through a series of weekly coffee mornings which are a great opportunity to share your photos from the week and socialise with other participants, you can also use it as a time to get feedback and share camera issues. At the end of the project all 28 photos are collated into a special exhibition and displayed.
The exhibition showcases the photographers sets of images and aims to celebrate the joy of the everyday. The group work with photographer and illustrator Simon Jardine as a mentor.
This project is offered for free as a part of our Ageing Creatively programme but you do need to book as spaces are limited.
The workshop dates and times are below:
- Friday 28th September 10:30-12:00- Introduction to photography workshop - Corn Exchange Balcony Bar
- 28 days starts on 29th September
- Friday 5th October 10:30-12:00 - Coffee morning 1 - Balcony Bar
- Friday 12th October 10:30-12:00 - Coffee morning 2 - Balcony Bar
- Friday 19th October 10:30-12:00 - Coffee morning 3 - Balcony Bar
- Friday 26th October 2pm - All photographs to be dropped off in the Corn Exchange Balcony Bar (on memory card/usb/via email)
To book, please contact the Box Office on 0845 5218 218*
*Calls cost 2p per minute plus your telephone company’s Access Charge.