Legal / T&Cs
All live events and live broadcasts (including encores) are subject to a non-refundable £1.25 booking fee per ticket which is included in the advertised price. For films and exhibitions this will be 75p.
In order to help make sure our pricing is as transparent as possible, this fee is included in the advertised price of all tickets, whether they are booked online, over the phone or in person at the Box Office. Our Companions remain exempt from the booking fee and, provided you are logged in to your account, this will be automatically deducted at the checkout.
Booking fees for schools and groups will be capped at £7.50 per transaction.
In line with our current policy, and to keep our engagement programme as accessible as possible, no booking fees will be charged for our workshops and courses programme.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
• Tickets are non-refundable except in the event of cancellation by the venue/promoter, in which case a refund or credit to the full value of the tickets will be offered.
• In the case of a sold-out show £1 per ticket will be payable on tickets returned for resale and exchange.
• In the case of a show being rescheduled all customers will be given the option to transfer their tickets to the new date. However, if this new date does not work for the customer a refund or credit to the full value of the tickets (excluding booking fee) will be offered. Please note that once you have accepted tickets for the rescheduled date the standard terms and conditions of sale will then apply.
• In the case of a customer becoming unwell with Covid-19 or having to isolate due to Covid-19 and therefore no longer being able to attend their planned event, a credit for the full value of the tickets (excluding booking fee) will be offered, as long as you inform us in advance of the performance start time. This only applies to those who are unwell and isolating and those in their household isolating with them; for any other tickets on the booking the usual terms and conditions apply. For tickets purchased before Thursday 27 January 2022 a refund can be offered, as per our terms at the time of purchase. We cannot offer refunds or credits retrospectively.
• Any customers displaying symptoms of Covid-19, either before entering or whilst in the building, will be asked to leave immediately, along with any other members of their household, and advice given for them to follow government guidelines. Customers asked to do this will be offered a credit to the full value of the tickets (excluding booking fee). This will be arranged via phone or email the day after the incident.
• Tickets can be posted for an additional charge of £1.20. This is non-refundable once tickets have been posted, even in the case of an event cancellation.
• Only one discount per ticket and proof required to collect concession tickets.
• Tickets for babies up to 18 months cost a £1 administration fee.
• Where Family Tickets are advertised, at least 2 of the 4 ticket holders must be under-19.
• All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
• Pushchairs and prams will not be permitted inside the auditorium or cinema.
• E-Tickets must be able to be presented clearly on a phone or device to enable scanning on entrance. If preferable you can print this ticket and bring it with you instead. You must ensure you bring/show each ticket purchased.
• Some ticket prices include a contribution, of either £1 or 50p, to the investment fund levy. This is part of our agreed contractual arrangements with the visiting company.
• We will not tolerate any aggressive or abusive behaviour towards our staff members, volunteers, performers or visitors. We reserve the right to ask anyone behaving in this manner, or who is intoxicated or under the influence of other substances, to leave and may refuse entry in the future if appropriate.
The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust makes every possible effort to ensure that the information published on its website is accurate and up to date, but does not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make amendments at any time and without prior notice.
The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust provides hypertext links to third party websites not affiliated with The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust for the convenience of users only. By linking to these websites The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust in no way endorses the contents, views or information held on such sites.
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust nor any of its officers or employees shall be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage howsoever arising, suffered as a result of using The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust's website or hyperlinks provided to third party websites.
The Corn Exchange, Newbury will always store your personal details securely. We’ll use your details to provide the service that you have requested, and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have actively agreed to. Your data may also be used for analysis purposes, to help us provide the best service possible and to contact you about a booking you have made. We will never pass your details on to anyone else without your explicit consent. You are free to change your mind at any time by changing your contact preferences online, or by emailing email@example.com
If you wish to speak to anybody about these terms and conditions please phone our admin line (01635 582 666) between Monday and Friday during regular office hours (9am – 5pm) and we’ll ensure someone can speak to you.
All material published on The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust 's website (unless stated otherwise), is the property of The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust and must not be copied or distributed for any commercial purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust 's logo, graphics, website design and contents.
The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust permits the taking of copies of material published on its web pages for personal use only, by either copying to a data storage device or hard disk or by printing a copy, providing that the copyright notice is retained on each copy. Making alterations to any of the pages, or using content in any other work or publication, will be a direct breach of The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust's copyright and may result in civil action.
The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust's prior written permission must be obtained for any other use of material contained in its web pages.
© The Corn Exchange (Newbury) Trust 2015